When I started writing again, I made a choice to post daily. So far, I think I’ve skipped only a day. That’s not quite an achievement as it’s been less than a month I’ve started writing.
Some of you might be thinking that it’s about quality not quantity. I truly believe that too! That’s why I try to post things that fit into what I believe to be quality – stuff that people would read and find helpful.
However the consistency of posting daily helps me discipline myself. This is my accountability to myself (and to you!) that I’m constantly checking myself if I’m growing, if I’m keeping to disciplining myself to form new habits and remove
bat bad ones.
What I posted earlier about routines and baby steps, I seek to apply in my own life.
Here are some ways I apply them in writing;
- Make it a routine to post daily.
- Start small by posting simple articles (without much research).
- Save links to read and share later (I use Pocket for this. Incredibly useful).
- Make it a habit to clarify what I’m thinking and reduce it to its irreducible minimum.
- Remind myself to jot down ideas every time. (I use the Notes app on my Macbook and iPhone for this)
Small start but it gets the job done so far.
How would you apply routines and baby steps into new habits?